[BBC-Micro] Chroma on BBC B

BRAHMS dominic at brahms.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 22:53:19 GMT 2006

A couple of questions about the chroma (on video out) for the BBC B

1) Is it possible to "improve"/adjust this easily - when enabled it seems to break through quite badly (into the video) on a couple of the beebs I have here. I'm guessing this is because either its not modulated at the right frequency or the sidebands are not filtered out very well? (sorry a little knowledge may prove dangerous here).

2) On some machines it drops in and out (on one removing the lid and allowing air in improved matters)
This one particularly annoying as it happened during testing my new game just as I was about to beat my girlfriends hi-score, I still managed but only just, not easy when one has to remove the screws and lid whilst still playing!!!

Cheers

Dom