[BBC-Micro] Digital Services Digistore Tape Drive

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Dec 20 17:57:21 GMT 2006

On 19/12/2006 22:00, Ian Wolstenholme wrote:
> Does anybody have any information about this item?
> Visually it's very similar to the Acorn Winchester disc,
> same size and colouring with a 1MHz bus connector
> at the back and a fan and a black metal front plate
> with the tape drive accessible from there.

Yes, I had one a long time ago, on loan from DS.

> The unit seems to work, it powers up OK to all
> intents and purposes and will rewind a tape if you
> wind it on a bit before inserting, but I can't get
> the Beeb to recognise it.

It doesn't use ADFS (though it might want ADFS present).  Tape devices
use a different command set from disks (and CDs, and scanners, and ...).
  It has its own Streamer ROM.  Aren't you lucky -- I still have a copy
of the ROM image.  You'll need a 2764 to put it in, and download it from
http://www.dunnington.u-net.com/public/BBC/ROMs/FileSystems/Streamr005.rom

Afraid I don't think I still have the manual, though I will look when I
get home.

--

Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager