[BBC-Micro] Digital Services Digistore Tape Drive

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Dec 20 18:39:22 GMT 2006

Pete Turnbull wrote:

> Afraid I don't think I still have the manual, though I will look when I
> get home.

Surprisingly (or not), I do.  It's not very big, so I'll try to scan it
tomorrow.

The commands are:

*STREAMER BACKUP
   backs up winchester to tape, prompts for more tapes if required.
*STREAMER RESTORE
   restores winchester from tape.  Prompts you before doing it; press
'C' to continue.
*CAT
   lists tape contents, detailing name of winchester, time and date of
backup, tape length, tape sequence number.  The name is taken from the
title of the $ directory of the winchester, even if it's an Econet file
server disk.
*STREAMER ERASE
   not really needed, but useful if you want to wipe a tape
*STREAMER REWIND
   rewinds to BOT (what did you expect?)
*STREAMER VERIFY
   checks tape by reading entire volume checking for CRC or ERC errors

Routine maintenance: clean the read/write head and tape sensor openings
after every 8 hours of tape motion, and after every new (previously
unused) tape, using a lint-free swab and isopropyl alcohol.