[BBC-Micro] Econet over UTP ?

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Sun Jul 5 18:22:43 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 16:06 +0100, michael.firth at bt.com wrote:
> One thought I had for an 'easy Econet' kit was to make up PCBs that
> had 2 5-pin DIN sockets and 2 RJ45 sockets, and then any size of
> Econet could be made up by stringing those together with standard CAT5
> cables.

Having run out of DIN T-pieces and not being able to find anywhere to
buy more, I've been thinking about acting on Michael's suggestion and
building some PCBs along these lines.  Would anybody else be interested
in buying some?

I guess they will cost something around £7 each for a small batch,
though obviously the price will go down if the number of units goes up.
You'd get the option to have termination circuitry onboard as well.

p.