[BBC-Micro] Retro Software: first release - Zap!

samwise samwise at bagshot-row.org
Thu Jun 11 16:30:19 BST 2009

> Macs don't support "autoplay" like Windows does (though later versions of
> Windows don't support it either - it was disabled as a security risk) - but
> the Mac version of BeebEm does support "booting" an SSD image just by
> double-clicking it.

Yep, I wasn't referring to AutoPlay - I meant having a CD which you
can double-click on a file in the root and it will play directly from
a mac emulator on the disc.  Basically, I'm talking about not having
to install and configure the emulator.

> Doesn't get much simpler than that.
>
> (Though I think Mac users are a pretty savvy bunch anyway. ;)

Agreed, which is why even if we resort to just including the SSD and
emulator binary for the Mac, I think that's easily enough for most Mac
unix users.  Ditto for unix users too, really.

Peter.