[BBC-Micro] Retro Software: first release - Zap!

Rick Murray rick at rs432.net
Sat Jun 13 21:05:55 BST 2009

michael.firth at bt.com wrote:

> If people want that option then I don't have a problem with that, but I
> expect that at least as many people would prefer it available by
> download,

I dunno... Could we maybe have a hands-up poll - how many people reading
this list would NOT be able to burn their own CD from a downloaded file?

I guess a CD could be offered for those who really want it, however it
would surely be just as simple to offer for download the (A)DFS disc
image and maybe a PDF of the inlay/cover?

> Indeed, 4 people have already asked whether it could be available by
> download this morning, so there certainly is a demand for that option.

It's surely the quickest and simplest way to use the product with one of
the emulators - whip it on to the harddisc, drop it to the emulator's
directory, launch the emulator... Much faster than relying on snail mail.

Best wishes,

--
Rick Murray, irregular internet access at local library.
BBC B: ANFS, 2 x 5.25" floppies, EPROM prog, Acorn TTX