[BBC-Micro] Teletext / Viewdata / Prestel people

gARetH baBB hick.bbc at gink.org
Tue Jun 16 20:42:43 BST 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Joel Rowbottom wrote:

> Then there's Gareth Babb and James Lawson, co-Sysops of CCl4
> (www.ccl4.org), Gareth wrote !VHost among other bits of Viewdata
> jiggerypokery on both Beebs and Arcs. Gareth would probably be happy to
> help if you asked nicely although I understand he has a lot less kit than
> he used to.

The hardware isn't that difficult, depends what you want to do.

I keep (kept, doesn't seem to need it now) meaning to move CCl4 over to a
NC and NFS mounting the file system.

> Yell if you're interested though. I think CCl4 was the only one which
> lasted well into the 90s albeit on a RISC OS platform.

I have various Acorn 8 bit stuff on 5.25in discs and archived, "we" used
to have viewdata.org, where we were going to create a viewdata museum
(ghetto ?) but the domain and idea lapsed.