[BBC-Micro] 32016 2nd Processor PSU smoking...

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:15:06 BST 2009

2009/6/28 Sprow <info at sprow.co.uk>:

> What purpose would replacing them with the wrong value serve, other than to
> fill the holes on the PCB?

I thought having a capacitor present but of a larger value than the
original would be better than having nothing at all. I'm not an
electronics expert though - please correct me if my assumption was
wrong, then I can avoid buying the wrong stuff in future. That would
also mean that I can't get the 0.1uF one from Maplins at all (wrong
size and short leads), so I'd have to order one from somewhere else.

--
Alex Taylor