[BBC-Micro] Acorn World - pulse check

me at davidglover.org me at davidglover.org
Wed Feb 3 14:32:25 GMT 2010

On 3 Feb 2010, at 14:23, Dave Moore wrote:

> Also, I know it's a bit late now, but I'd welcome any feedback from those who
> went to Huddersfield i.e. what you think worked well, what didn't, how it
> could be improved, whether each day could be more structured etc (e.g.
> workshops, group activities, setting community project 'goals' etc).

The "Econet island" in which I was involved in was fun, but I don't think I'd participate again. It was pretty much mostly ignored by visitors, situated as it was in a "corridor" between the two rooms and so mostly gazed upon by people as they passed by.

Econet-heads meeting up for a link-fest still sounds fun, but I just don't think the support was there to do it at Acorn World.

As to whether I'd attend on my own... maybe. Blackpool is still quite far from Oxford, and I'd not be so sure about investing a whole weekend.

One of these days I'm going to get around to organising my own little Acorn get-together in Oxford, aimed more at amusing those bringing their own machines rather than visitors. :)

--
David Glover
http://www.davidglover.org/