[BBC-Micro] 'BASIC 512K'

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:43:51 GMT 2010

On 5 February 2010 12:10, Francis Devereux <francis at devrx.org> wrote:

> ISTR there was a BBC emulator for the Archimedes that emulated a model
> B at full speed on an ARM3 (or maybe even an ARM2).

I've run !65Host on ARM2 machines and I think they're impressively
quick, certainly seeming as fast as a reel Beeb. I've also been
recently impressed by Acorn's software PC emulator, running DOS on an
Acorn A3020. I haven't done any objective testing or benchmarks, but
playing about with the emulated DOS seemed remarkably usable on such
old hardware. Significantly faster than PC-Task running on an Amiga
500, for example.

--
Alex Taylor