[BBC-Micro] www.bbcmicronews.co.uk

Nicholas Platts nick at invisiblecow.com
Thu Feb 18 15:13:44 GMT 2010

> Shouldn't the Acorn PHROMS be used instead of Superior Speech! Then we can
> have Kenneth Kendal reading the news once again... ;-)
I did look into that. I wasn't familiar with it myself and as far as I could tell it wasn't capable of parsing straight
text. Is that correct? If not I'm sure something could be done to convert text to the commands which it understands.
A good project for the future and I could offer a choice of the two. I'd also considered offering a choice of graphics -
maybe Sue Lawley alongside the digitised Jeremy Paxman.

I'm glad you've tried it out!