[BBC-Micro] OT PC architecture

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:52:19 GMT 2010

On 18 February 2010 09:57, Tony Noble <tony.noble at gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed there was: Xenix.  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenix ).  Released
> by, of all people, Microsoft, and later sold to everybody's favourite bad
> guy - SCO.
>
> It ran on 8088s onwards.  I have a full set of manuals that I inherited for
> it somewhere, though no installation disks.

I'm got a set of installation disks for SCO Xenix, and I'm almost
certain it's a version called Xenix/286 - although it might be
Xenix/386.

I tried to install it on an old machine once, but hit a wall when it
asked for some kind of serial number or product key - it wasn't any of
the numbers printed on the disk labels.

--
Alex Taylor