[BBC-Micro] Update for writing in C on the ARM coprocessor

Sprow info at sprow.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 22:40:35 GMT 2010

Hi folks,
On a number of occasions I've been asked whether GCC can be used to write
applications in C for the ARM coprocessor?

My normal reply is "take the principles from the application note and just
do those same basic steps for GCC" as only the Acorn/Norcroft and
ARM/Realview compilers were detailed.

At that point it always goes quiet, so I guess they've been successful!

For anyone else who wants to do this I've written up the instructions into
an application note, including details of where to download the compiler
from for free and how to compile the 3 examples provided.

Get the application note from
  http://www.sprow.co.uk/bbc/hardware/armcopro/writinginc.pdf
and the examples including binaries to actually run on the coprocessor at
  http://www.sprow.co.uk/bbc/hardware/armcopro/writinginc.zip

Enjoy,
Sprow.