[BBC-Micro] OT PC architecture

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:53:38 GMT 2010

On 19 February 2010 00:31, Rick Murray <rick at rs432.net> wrote:

>> They've got something like an Athlon 2600+ installed,
>
> For running W98? :-)

Nah, the W98 machine's a Duron 800 or something along those lines -
all the Athlon XP machines are/were Windows XP. Only one's still whole
which is the old workshop machine I've put to one side in case I need
something off it, and of course it's got that 1.2MB 5.25" drive in it!
The W98 machine has a 40-track 360K drive pulled from an Amstrad
PC1640, something I set up to allow me to reliably write 40-track
disks, mostly for the Amstrad PCs.

--
Alex Taylor