[BBC-Micro] I'm on YouTube!

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 26 22:25:11 GMT 2010

On 26 February 2010 10:18, Rob <robert at irrelevant.com> wrote:

> Found a one myself the other day - I was sent a copy of a
> demonstration database for The Silicon Village from about 1993.

Wow - that rings a bell in my head somewhere. I'm sure that's what I
went on when I bought a VTX5000 modem for my Spectrum, mint in
packaging, for a quid from a car boot sale. I had to do it on the sly
because my dad was terrified of the phone bill - I didn't use it much
but found some really useful contact info for some user groups.

Regarding software turning up in odd places, I did a search for exe
files on the school pupils' home folders earlier this week, and found
a screen magnifier program written by someone I know who once gave me
a Philips CM8833 monitor. Then I spotted the user in question had the
same surname, so I'm assuming he's a relative.

--
Alex Taylor