[BBC-Micro] [Teletext Chat] Re: Converting Teletext pages to Image files

Rob robert at irrelevant.com
Sun Jan 17 13:31:07 GMT 2010

On 13/01/2010, Rob <robert at irrelevant.com> wrote:
> For my part, I'm looking for something I can run on a webserver to
> convert on-the-fly (but with a cache, so it's not really doing it too
> often!) files that are mostly BBC Micro "Mode 7" saved screens, or
> viewdata host data files (much the same, but with a 104 byte header to
> skip over).

OK. Progress.

It's still in it's infancy, but it works!
http://www.viewdata.org.uk/rob/vv.php?format=2&page=1908196a
http://www.viewdata.org.uk/rob/vv.php?format=2&page=65659b

Just got to do double height, flashing, get the aspect ratio slightly
better, add other file formats, and then check for security issues
(sigh) ..

If anybody wants to mail me some teletext pages I'll happily have a go
at adding the format.

Rob