[BBC-Micro] Atoms are getting expensive

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 31 02:50:34 GMT 2010

On 30 January 2010 18:55, Chris Johns <chris at lessthan3.org.uk> wrote:

> This is a law by the same government who keeps telling us to 'reuse and
> recycle' more.

This is what makes me even more annoyed - what's a better way of
recycling and preventing landfill than not allowing the stuff to be
thrown away in the first place? But then this is also a government
that encourages the wanton destruction of serviceable goods, such as
the car scrappage scheme, when that doesn't seem to be environmentally
sound due to the energy taken to build the things in the first place.

I'm not sure if there's a way round it - I've been employed as an IT
technician for more than five years now, and I've repaired a few power
supplies in that time. Am I allowed to buy stuff if I'm technically
(legally?) experienced enough to repair it? I tried asking a bloke at
the local tip a while ago, but the query met with a strange blank
response.

--
Alex Taylor