[BBC-Micro] Atoms are getting expensive

Alex Taylor zeem.uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:07:28 GMT 2010

On 31 January 2010 10:22, Bruce James <bruce at custard.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Our local tip (when we were in Hampshire) would only sell electrical stuff
> if you had a qualification and brought the certificate.. Apparently my Radio
> Amateurs City and Guilds was acceptable.  Always keep them in your glove
> compartment ;-)

I was told something similar at a tip in Northampton. I tried asking
the bloke at the one here in Newark, but got such a gone-out blank
look from him that I didn't pursue the question very far. I keep
meaning to get in touch with the council about their policy.

I haven't got any formal qualifications in this kind of thing -
although at one point my work was going to get me trained to do PAT
testing.

--
Alex Taylor