[BBC-Micro] MOS6 - Any programmers want to see a free BBC Microfirmware?

Steve Fewell kranser at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 00:35:53 BST 2010

--- On Mon, 4/10/10, Steve Fewell <kranser at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> From: Steve Fewell <kranser at yahoo.co.uk>
> Is there another way to look at this?
>
> Maybe, instead of investigating the IP status and signing
> over the 8-bit stuff to public domain, they would be willing
> to write a letter stating that they will never seek to
> prosecute any non-commercial usage of any 8-bit stuff that
> they own.
>
> Would that cover emulator user against legal action? Would
> each person need their own signed letter from pace?
>
> Steve.

Sorry for replying to my own message, but just some additional thoughts:
A data protection request to a company costs 10 pounds - I guess to cover time & costs.

So, if we got 150 people who were willing to pay Pace 10 pounds each for a personalised letter saying that they would never prosecute over 8-bit, legacy software, they may be willing to listen and provide such a letter!!

Any thoughts?

Steve.