[BBC-Micro] MOS6 - Any programmers want to see a free BBC Microfirmware?

Rick Murray rick at rs432.net
Mon Oct 4 16:14:05 BST 2010

On 04/10/2010 01:15, Steve Fewell wrote:

> Maybe, instead of investigating the IP status and signing over the
> 8-bit stuff to public domain, they would be willing to write a letter
> stating that they will never seek to prosecute any non-commercial
> usage of any 8-bit stuff that they own.

That wouldn't be any further forward. Do they know what they own? Do WE
know what they own?

If you release <X> which is owned by QWERTY Inc (I made that up, in case
it's a real company...) then any action which might arise will have
little time for a letter from a completely different company.

What we *need* is to be absolutely certain of the origin and ownership
of the stuff. And, hopefully, have it either released fully into the
public domain. However the latter is unlikely to come if the former
costs a bunch of cash.

 > So, if we got 150 people who were willing to pay Pace 10 pounds each

Don't want a personalised letter, would prefer to have the copyright
issue sorted definitively and - ideally - the old code released. If
there's anybody who feels up to contacting Pace, then count me in for
€20 (that's about £15-£18 depending on the caprices of the markets).

Best wishes,

Rick.

--
Rick Murray, eeePC901 & ADSL WiFI'd into it, all ETLAs!
BBC B: DNFS, 2 x 5.25" floppies, EPROM prog, Acorn TTX