[BBC-Micro] [OT] ADSL router fried?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 19:03:31 BST 2010

Rob wrote:
> A quick check, make sure the line connector hasn't got dodgy
> connections to the PCB - a bit of ham-fistedness in it's past can
> easily break these.

Indeed, if I had a quid for every conector I've seen busted because of
rough handling by users I'd prolly be a rich man by now :)

Fortunatly these sort of faults can often be solved by re-flowing the
solder round the connector's pins, I seem to remember having to do this
periodically back in the day on the headphone connector of my personal
stereo. <pedantic>And no I don't mean Walkman, I never owned a Sony
one</Pedantic>

Cheers.

Phill.