[BBC-Micro] Sideways Ram for BBC B
rick at rs432.net
Thu Oct 14 04:31:43 BST 2010
On 13/10/2010 21:30, Michael Firth wrote:
> Otherwise, you're down to serial transfer, provided you have a cable, or
> finding a PC with a 5.25" floppy drive, and using Omniflop or similar to
> write to BBC floppies.
Or in my case:
1. Fire up the A5000 [*] (I think I need to look at the keyboard, it
is misbehaving, but then so is the harddisc...)
2. Via Econet, log into the FileStore.
3. Using the ethernet connection, pull the files from a PC using FTP
and write them directly to the FS floppy.
4. Turn on the Beeb, log in...
* It would be a hell of a lot simpler with my RiscPC, but there's no
podule-based Econet interface, and I'm not sacrificing the ethernet...
[aka: I can't believe nobody made a podule Econet interface!]
Rick Murray, eeePC901 & ADSL WiFI'd into it, all ETLAs!
BBC B: DNFS, 2 x 5.25" floppies, EPROM prog, Acorn TTX
E01S FileStore, A3000/A5000/RiscPC/various PCs/blahblah...
More information about the bbc-micro