[BBC-Micro] DD & HD Floppies

Matt Walker walker_matt at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 12:39:07 BST 2010

3.5" DD floppies are getting harder to get, but 3.5" HD are still plentiful,
so to use my BBC, with it's 3.5 drive I've been covering the HD hole with
electricians tape, then formatting them as DD on the BBC.
I'm sure I read somewhere that this is a bad thing, and the data will
eventually become corrupt, or the magnetic
surface will fall off or something to that effect.
Is this the case, or am I imagining things?

And if it's relevant, I use Watford DDFS 1.54T