[BBC-Micro] Fw: DD & HD Floppies

Mike Tomlinson mike at jasper.org.uk
Sun Oct 17 13:43:50 BST 2010

In article <4CBA7C9F.70308 at rs432.net>, Rick Murray <rick at rs432.net>
writes

>Probably okay, but I'm paranoid when it comes to my credit card info and
>the Internet

Rightly so, IMO.  The banks lost some eye-wateringly huge amount to card
fraud last year, and it's going to be worse this year. I'm just waiting
for them to wash their hands of it and refuse to take the hit for
fraudulent transactions.

Organised crime is moving on from drugs and pimping to online scamming
in a big way, and it's not necessarily hacking or planting malware to
harvest card numbers and passwords, it's also being done via social
engineering.

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2271652/top-security-myths?page=5

see the para headed "Hackers work alone".

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)