[BBC-Micro] Fw: DD & HD Floppies

Andrew Benham adsb at adsb.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 11:12:48 BST 2010

On 18/10/10 04:59, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

> And what about state-sponsored hacking?  The Chinese are the worst.  Of
> the attempts to 'sploit sshd on my work PeeCee, 95% come from Chinese
> IPs.
>
> tacnuke://N=39°54'17.67"&E=116°23'54.99"
>
> is starting to look like an attractive option.

Where I used to work we ended up blocking Chinese IP ranges from most
of our online registration pages - we'd get loads of new registrations
for accounts at the weekend, they'd be used for bad stuff over the
weekend, and then on Monday the chosen payment method would come back
as failed.

Still, the biggest vulnerability for the UK maybe BT's 21st Century
Network:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/30/huawei_threat/

My vote is for a Great Firewall *around* China.

--
Andrew Benham     Southgate, London N14, United Kingdom

The gates in my computer are AND OR and NOT, not "Bill"