[BBC-Micro] EPROM Favour?

Rick Murray rick at rs432.net
Mon Oct 18 15:34:26 BST 2010

On 18/10/2010 10:53, Rob wrote:

> Anybody know what might drive a 2x6821 based, 1MHz-bus connected,
> unbranded diy-built box ?

The problem is, one tiny change could make a known software stop working
with the DIY board...

Anyway, sounds a lot like my Micron Plus programmer - try the Micron
Plus ROM, available here:
   ftp://ftp.nvg.org/pub/bbc/rom/Various/hardware/

If you have a BBC I/O podule, it may well work on an A5000 under !65Host
(even though clocking 2MHz!). It's how I burn my ROMs now, given that
the plug-in ROM slot thingy for my Beeb has gone AWOL.

But note - the disc access is *PAINFULLY* slow. Really, it takes
considerably longer to save an image than to burn it! It must use byte
accesses or something.

Best wishes,

Rick.

--
Rick Murray, eeePC901 & ADSL WiFI'd into it, all ETLAs!
BBC B: DNFS, 2 x 5.25" floppies, EPROM prog, Acorn TTX