[BBC-Micro] Reversing the Tube ULA (destructively)

Theo Markettos list-a_cloud9.bbc-micro at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Oct 26 00:14:29 BST 2010

In article <AANLkTi=noicaTuELUYXSHjb=cJctj2qWv_O33+jhju7x at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> Sacrificing a non-working one seems like a good first step - probably
> that'll be fine for this purpose. Because the Tube is a ULA, we should
> only need the metal pattern, but if it's packaged in plastic we will
> need to get the acid out.
>
> Ideally someone with a spare tube chip lives near enough someone with
> a suitable microscope and someone with a suitable chemistry set!
> Otherwise I can mail one to Greg James in California.

We[1] have suitable microscopes, though fuming nitric acid is Frowned Upon
by the university health and safety people and I'm not trained with it.  But
if anyone can do the depackaging (and I can tell you what to do) then I can
image it.

[1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/security/tamper/

Theo
(reply to: atm26 at cl.cam.ac.uk not the address I'm posting from)