[BBC-Micro] Reversing the Tube ULA (destructively)

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:34:48 BST 2010

Ed Spittles wrote:
> Even more ideally, someone already has some high-resolution photos of
> the chip, or the original artwork...

Hmm, anyone know who had a hand in the design? I could maybe poke a few
contacts and ask "do you know how to reach such-and-such?", if I knew who I
need to be asking after :-)

Also, is it *that* hard to reverse-engineer and produce a pin-compatible
equivalent? (maybe a smaller IC of some form on a carrier board?) Why the need
to try and clone the actual chip from visual inspection - simply for
curiosity? (A noble enough reason ;)

cheers

Jules