[BBC-Micro] Reversing the Tube ULA (destructively)

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 14:26:53 BST 2010

Pete Turnbull wrote:
> J.G.Harston wrote:
>> Jules Richardson wrote:
>>> The interesting ones might be the Springboards (can't tell from my photos,
>>> sadly - I never took snaps of the underside of the boards) and the
>>> A500 "copro version" as they may have done things differently.
>> Those are the two CoPros I don't have circuit diagrams for. Anybody
>> got a copy?
>
> I've never traced the circuit, but I do have a Tube card to connect an
> A500 to a Beeb.  There's not a lot on the card.  Must get a round tuit...

Pete,

I was talking about the A500 coprocessor (of which I know of a couple of
survivors, although one is missing a few bits) which was used as a development
system within Acorn, not the later A500 system (curse you, Acorn, for having
two separate things with the same name!).

IIRC, the A500 copro has the Tube interface directly on the PCB, although it
does have the right bus gubbins that maybe it could work with a Tube card, too.

cheers

Jules