[BBC-Micro] Reversing the Tube ULA (destructively)

Chris Thornley C.J.Thornley at coolrose.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 19:13:46 BST 2010

No, I had not missed the point but if you would have asked I could have
clarified it a bit further.

These where links to a page where they had decamped some chips so I presumed
someone could contact the author for suggestions or method that could be
used to help you decap the chips you where having difficulty with.

If the chip is covered in plastic no acid going dissolve it away, not even
the nasty Hydrofluoric acid.

This what also lead the infamous "John George Haigh" (acid bath murder) to
be captured "The body of his victim had been reduced to a hardened sludge
that coated the back yard, forensic investigators unearthed twenty-eight
pounds of human fat, the partly corroded bones of a human foot, Mrs.
Durand-Deacon's plastic handbag which had resisted the acid "

You have to look at Esters, I believe Ethyl acetate might be worth trying.
You probably end up with the plastic turning into a sticky goo that need to
be scrapped off.

Chris

               />      Christopher J. Thornley is cjt at coolrose.fsnet.co.uk
 (*)OXOXOXOXO(*>=*=O=S=U=0=3=6=*=---------                             >