[BBC-Micro] Expensive Atoms

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:27:57 BST 2012

On 08/30/2012 07:37 AM, Tom Pen wrote:
> I noted a Sinclar MK14 went for about £1500 a few months ago , but a bit
> better nick than the one I have. I did have a pgm. for a game I took about 2
> months to write  for it but cant find it among all my tapes yet.

That's still nuts (at least I think it is), but I can understand how the
MK14 has more of a place in computer history (particularly British) and so
pushes the price up - same with things like ZX80s, System 1 etc.

An Atom's just "early-ish" and occupies a gap between those early,
desirable "home" computers and the later commodity machines (BBC B,
Spectrum, C64 etc.), so one selling for that much - no matter what the
condition - kind of boggles my brain :-)

cheers

Jules