[BBC-Micro] New BeebWiki articles

J.G.Harston jgh at mdfs.net
Mon Mar 5 10:27:05 GMT 2012

Rick Murray wrote:
> Just a thought - it'd be cool if direct links were provided so we can
> jump directly to the new content.

I'd been thinking about doing that for the postings to StarDot where
URLs can be embedded, but it would be a mess in mailing list posts,
but changing the sign-off line to:
http://beebwiki.jonripley.com/Special:RecentChanges
would work.

(Hmmm. This would be ok:
* OSWORD &72 (http://beebwiki.jonripley.com/OSWORD_%2672)
* OSWORD &7F (http://beebwiki.jonripley.com/OSWORD_%267F)

but it gets very messy very quickly:
* Scanning Directories (Reading Directory Entries)
(http://beebwiki.jonripley.com/Scanning_Directories_%28Reading_Directory_Entries%29)
* Bulk file I/O with OSGBPB
(http://beebwiki.jonripley.com/Bulk_file_I/O_with_OSGBPB)
)

> Do you write up this stuff yourself, or is it done by a MediaWiki
> extension? If the latter, which? It'd be useful for ARMwiki!

That's something I've been looking for, I thought that's how the
BBC BASIC for Windows wiki generated posts, but Richard just
writes them manually. I fetch the Recent Changes page, jump about
with Edit to edit the text, then email it and post it to StarDot.

If I could be bothered, I'd write a bit of code to do it ;)
I may ressurect my search for a Wiki extension....

--
J.G.Harston - jgh at mdfs.net - mdfs.net/jgh