[BBC-Micro] New plaything ?

John Kortink kortink at inter.nl.net
Sun Nov 30 09:40:42 GMT 2014

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:33:00 +1100, Mark Ashley <mark at ibiblio.org> wrote:

>I have two of the older DE0-NANO 6502 co pros for my machines, is this an
>update / a custom made one for a Beeb?
>
>http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?No=593

Well, both that and this came forth out of this one I made in 2009 :

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink/home/hardware/reco6502/index.htm

I then poured it into the DE0 Nano mould. And I did not want to remake
it a second time. But. Considering the continuously rising prices of
(second hand) Acorn 65C102 Co-processors, there seems to be a growing
need for a cheap version, so I set out to make one.

It's bare bones, no frills. I.e. exactly the same spec as the original.
4 MHz, 64 KB. Except for the extra feature that came almost free : the
ability to run at 8 and 16 MHz (and 2, to be complete). Although my
prototypes run fine at 16 MHz, it is not a guaranteed speed, since it
overclocks the 65C02 by quite a margin (because it runs at 3V3, like
all the other chips).

It's to be (professionally) assembled shortly. Should be available for
roughly 35 Euro (30 UKP). No profit margin.

John Kortink

Email    : kortink at inter.nl.net
Homepage : http://www.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink

GoSDC, the ultimate BBC B/B+/Master/Electron storage system :
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink/home/hardware/gosdc