[BBC-Micro] BBC micro collection on iPlayer

Michael Firth mfirth at firths.org
Mon Sep 14 00:23:08 BST 2015

It seems the broadcasters can probably use copyright law as a way around that. See this article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054

about a court ruling on a similar subject (hopefully the article is available in Europe!)

Basically, if I understand the court ruling there, and my extension to it is right, because the BBC owns the copyright, they can decide whether or not to give you permission to watch.

Sadly, there's a lot of money in TV, movie and sports rights, which will probably keep this as an exemption to the "free movement of services" laws for a long time.

Regards

Michael